Saturday, March 7, 2009

Senior Class Trip, circa 1983!



Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

We are about to enter...the 80's Zone.

When we wore those ridiculous futuristic sunglasses.

When we wore our hair all fluffy and flipped.

When we tucked in our shirts and wore our jeans above our belly buttons. And were in style!

Before the guys lost their hair.

Before the girls lost their teeny-bopper figure.

Just remember, you were warned.

Here we are in all our glory:


Ok, no, he wasn't in our class. But he was our BUSDIVER. Yes, we misspelled it. And we were about to graduate. Go figure.


Getting ready to board the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls. Look at those hairdo's!! And I'm tellin' ya, these girls were considered stylish and beautiful!



Oh, and we look even better with those same hairdo's WET! Look how happy we were about it!





Hangin' out in a Canadian mall. Ey? Like totally tubular, dude. Take off, you hoser. (OK, somebody tell me they remember The Great White North besides me...)


And I don't know why these pictures only want to show up little bitty. Maybe it's because I stole them from a classmate's Facebook album. So you'll just have to click on them to look closer...

So I have to wonder: why are we posing in our hotel room? I mean, we are in Ontario! So many beautiful places to pose. And this is what we choose. Can you tell we're only 17 or 18? Clueless, I tell you.



Here we are again on the Maid of the Mist (this time, I'm actually in the picture!) and we're protecting our beautiful do's with our hoods.



And last but not least, we graduate. Yes, this is our WHOLE class. All 36 of us. And you know what? It was kind of cool to know everyone so well. That wouldn't have happened in a class of 800.

On the other hand, a class of 800 wouldn't have plotted against this poor guy. We were so bad...


9 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh this is great! I love seeing pictures like this.

Nadine said...

What a great stroll down memory lane. Okay, don't laugh but I totally didn't notice bus driver was spelled wrong because I read it really quick. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear - I graduated in 1982 - yep those same hair styles were in our class too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I remember it well...I'm going to send you a private email soon!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is too funny!!!
Yes I had a class of 771, and while I was a small fish it's been fun via facebook to reconnect with some folks.
Where did you grow up?

wendy said...

Man, gotta love those old pictures eh (I can say eh, I am from Canada)thanks for stopping by my blog. That is cool that you work for an attorney. Never a dull moment eh (see, I did it again)

wendy said...

p.s. and while you were graduating from school I was pregnant with my 5th kid (sheeeeesh)!!!!!!!!!!

j said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I have gone private for a short time. It seems that my blog was HACKED. I am not sending out invites until I know exactly what to do. Just wanted to let you know that you are not being excluded from Dust Bunny Hostage :) "I'll be back!"

j said...

L! O! L! The poor guy with his mouth open... THAT could be me, girl version of course.

Very fun post!

(I had to come back and actually READ after I left that last comment - sorry)