Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy 70th Birthday to my Daddy!

I can't believe my dad is 70!!! He still seems so young to me. Lots of wisdom, lots of energy, lots of fun.

And when I think about what I would want to tell him today, it would be this:

I cannot imagine a better father than you have been to me. You were strict when you needed to be strict (and I was none to happy about it at the time...), you were patient when you needed to be patient (late night reviews of movies?), you were supportive when I needed it most (painful divorce), and-most important of all-you showed me God's love when I needed to feel it the most.

Thank you, Dad, for all that you are and all that you have given to me. I am who I am today because of you and Mom, and our Father God.

Happy Happy Birthday to you! God has blessed you with seven decades of blessings, and may He bless you with many more!

Love you so much,
Your adoring daughter

8 comments:

Stef said...

Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo! You're back, yay!

It sounds like your dad is a really sweetie. You're blessed to have that kind of dad :)

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. My uncle (Tom's) just turned 70 also.

Your dad looks great.

Stef said...

The honeymoon is over... you don't comment on my blog anymore. :) Pickin' on ya. I know you're a busy lady.

j said...

Happy Birthday (belated of course) to your father. This was a precious tribute Steph.

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Dawn said...

Uh oh... I missed it. And, you're not showing up in my reader anymore (wonder why?) so I didn't know that you had done another post - I'd about given up on your blogging! LOL

Hard to see our parents aging, isn't it, when we still see them in our minds as they were when we were growing up.

Give my love to dad and mom when you chat next. And, I need an update on all the house building going on in Ohio!

Love you!
YBFA&F

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WILLOW TREE said...

BEAUTIFUL! Came over from Dawn's page to say Haaaaaappy Birthday to you, happy birthday to You, happy birthday dear Steph, Happy Birthday To YOU!

Blessings, C~

j said...

This is a WAY belated birthday wish for you. I hope you had a good one!