Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Random Thoughts - Peekin' at the peak colors!

Wow. I mean Wow. I will never cease to be amazed at the beauty God has created to entertain His creation. He could have made trees green and brown. That would have been beautiful enough. But to bless us beyond what we deserve, He gave us Fall. Now I've told you before how Fall makes me feel. All warm and fuzzy. And thankful. And blessed!

I live in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. We have gorgeous mountain views that people come from all over to see. And when the leaves start to turn, the spectacular display gets even more amazing.

Here is a view from my back porch:
Look at how blue the sky is---it just makes the colors pop! That's a technical term home decorators use, you know. Pop. You can just picture someone's eyeballs going boyoyoyoying!


I love the smell of leaves when walking thru the woods. It is such a comfort smell. You've heard of comfort food? Well, it's the same thing, only of the smell variety. It's what triggers that warm fuzzy feeling I keep going on and on about.

Around here, you can jump on Skyline Drive, which weaves you up and up and up to drive along the mountain cliffs and take in the views:


All I have to say is that God is so amazing that He blessed us with the beauty of nature. Now you know something I love about Fall. How about you? What is your favorite thing to do or see...or eat... in the fall season? Is it the pumpkin pie? Or apple picking? Or the smell of spiced cider in the crockpot? Or the red and gold leaves rustling beneath the sugar maple tree in your front yard (that you have to rake up once they turn brown...)

For me, there are so many things that make Fall wonderful. And the glorious foliage is at the top of my list. As my daughter once said, "God sure is a good artist!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Ahhh... reminds me of my fall trip there a few years ago! So gorgeous!

I enjoyed our extended chat yesterday afternoon - it was good to catch up on things.

I went to the dr's this morning. No strep, no prescription - just a viral infection and a $35 co-pay. Isn't that the way it always works??? He said I should be feeling better by Friday, if not THEN he'd prescribe something by phone.

Praying for your family this weekend. Love and kisses to all of them, please.

Love you,
YBFA&F

Genijer said...

Wow, that's some beautiful scenery...love the colors.

j said...

Truely beautiful. It makes me miss our old home place. the colors were so gorgeous!

Dawn said...

(*Listening: "Hi, I'm Stephanie... and I'm a bad blogger!"*)

Hi Stephanie!!!

Don't worry. I'm not pointing fingers as I was the first one to enter the program. Ha ha!

I'm anxious to hear how "the talk" went tonight. Email or call when you can. I'm praying!!!

Love you,
YBFA&F

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite too! Seeing all of the beautiful colors does really make you reflect on how blessed we are and LOVED! It never ceases to take my breath away. I can't imagine living anywhere where I couldn't experience the Fall Foilage....
I'm really looking forward to the Holidays this year! Love you! HUGS! ;-) Angela

WendyDarling said...

WOW! That is amazing. It looks like the pictures of places I see in the magazines and dream of going to someday. Someday... ;-) Thank you for sharing. :-)