No, these two random thoughts are not related. At all. I will do my best to handle them separately. If I combine them, those cookies would be all hairy. And not taste good. At all.
So, ANYWAY...(this is why I call these RANDOM thoughts...)
Ok, the cookies:
My princess and I made some really yummy cookie dough.
Then the kiddos and I rolled out that yummy sugar cookie dough and then ate some of that yummy dough. Did I make it clear that the dough is yummy? Ok, sorry.
Then we decorated our cut out shapes. And ate some dough. We decorated some more.
Then separated the rest of the dough and froze it. All ready to thaw and roll out and make some more yummy cookies. Then we fought over the bowl to eat the remaining dough. Just kidding. I sent them to their room to get ready for bed, and I ate the dough. After all, as the parent you have to have some perks, right?
On to THE HAIRCUT:
I have a princess. Who has had REALLY long hair. Down to her patooty, if you know what I mean. If you don't, just suffice it to say it was quite long.
Well, she got a bee in her bonnet about two months ago to get it cut. This bee apparently kept buzzing in her bonnet, because she fairly demanded that I take her to get it cut. Like now. So, being the kind and loving momma that I am, I called my wonderful friend, who happens to be a hairdresser. I asked her what she was doing later that day. On a Saturday. She made the mistake of saying, "Oh, nothing..."
So I made my daughter a 'pointment (I love Junie B...I love talking like Junie B...I talk like her as much as possible). All the way there, my daughter talked about how she was soooo ready to get her hair cut. I mean, her hair had not seen a cut (besides a trim or two) for twenty years! Ok, she's only 11, so maybe it had only been 3 or 4 years. But it had been a really long time!
So she sat nervously while we measured the pony tail--she wanted to give the hair she cut off to Locks of Love.
Then the cutting began...Her hair is really thick, so it was like chiseling through the layers to get all the way through...
Then, voila! It was done!
After more trimming and styling,
...she ended up with a beautiful cut.
Before pics:
...and find another use for it:
So yea for cookies! Yea for my princess! Yea that we don't have cookies with hair in them! Or hair with cookies in it! Unless it's these cookies...aren't they cute?


3 comments:
It's fun to make cookies. When my 25 year girl comes home next week, it's on her list of things to do with me.
Your beautiful daughter is lovely with long or short hair. How sweet to give it away for a good cause.
I hope your Christmas was a good one.
When you get a chance, come on by for my book giveaway.
Post a Comment