| What American accent do you have? Your Result: The Inland North You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop." | |
| The Midland | |
| The South | |
| The Northeast | |
| Philadelphia | |
| The West | |
| Boston | |
| North Central | |
| What American accent do you have? Quiz Created on GoToQuiz | |
So you see this little quiz I took? Just for fun? Do you see the result?
HOW DID IT KNOW?
I mean, I answered a few innocent questions. Ones with very obvious answers. How hard is it? Simple, I tell you.
I've lived in Virginia for over 20 years. And what do I have to show for it? Not a southern accent, that's for sure.
Apparently I can't hide my roots. No, I'm not talking about my hair. I just did my color last week. I'm referring to my Ohio roots. The Great Lakes area of Ohio. This little quiz found me out.
So you gotta take this quiz and tell me what your results are. Is it accurate? Way off base? Found out your little secret?
Try it and let me know what happens...
And, yes, I do slip and call it "pop" sometimes!


5 comments:
That was fun. They said I had a good voice for TV or Radio. Ha
I was "Midland". In real life I'm good ole' Southern hick.
Mine said "Midland"...
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Guess I've been here just long enough to lose my Inland North voice.
Of course, I can "go Southern" depending upon the people I'm with at the moment! Ha!
Hey... I love your new header. And your countdown to Christmas. That wasn't there this morning, was it???
I'll give you a call in the morning. Or you can call me. Whoever gets to their cell the fastest! Heehee. I'll put on a pot of Houston blesnd. You do the same... it'll almost be like we're togehter.
Love ya!
Mine said "Midland".... guess Dawn and I have the same accent!!!! Well, you know I did live in Alabama a while (so I know how to go a little southern if I want...down there I had to sometimes or they didn't understand me...they always told ME I had an accent!).
-M :o)
Ok you two...I'm feeling left out again!!!! lol I still haven't tried my Houston blend yet...I may have to do that today!!!!!
Post a Comment