

And I know what you're thinking...Hey, they really DO look like the Brady Bunch. I mean, look how happy everyone is...
They love each other so much...They never fight, except when there is a moral to the story and Mike and Carol--I mean Sam and Steph--figure out a way to calmly sit them down and explain it. Otherwise, the CHILDREN always work together to come to a peaceful conclusion as to how they can best help each other out.
Always. Ok, sometimes. All right, now I'm being real: rarely. Isn't that sad? I would love to say that as a former home-school Mom I taught my kids to be respectful to each other, always putting the other first. And I tried. Believe me, I tried. But that "sinful nature" thing always kicks in and BOOM! they are in the other room screaming "MINE! MINE!" (For some reason I think of Bill Cosby at those moments...)
Now for the positive, uplifting part of my post...
I cherish those rare and special moments when they love on each other. Not literally, mind you. But in a way that I know, deep down...sometimes REALLY deep down, they love one another. It's when I see the oldest wait for the youngest to get out of our van and help him shut the door. That is a very kind gesture since our youngest is usually the last one out of the van. Usually by at least 3 minutes. You see, he has to put on his shoes (why does he take them off?!) and then gather his STUFF. My daughter calls him "the walking suitcase" for good reason. Anywhere we go, he has to take anything special to him at that moment. This could be a stuffed animal or two, his "journal" and a pencil, toy cars, or his MP3 player if he remembers to charge it up. And sometimes, he takes ALL of that in a used "Happy Birthday!" gift bag. He's a trip...
So, all this to say: I love my kids and I love even more to see them love on each other. And, considering they are not all from the same mother, that is monumental at times. My oldest calls Sam's two: "brothers from another mother". If you've ever watched "Drake and Josh" you'll know that saying...
No, we are not the TV depiction of the Brady Bunch, but we could call it:
The Brady Bunch, Reality TV version!


2 comments:
Hmmm... are you a bit wistful for the home school days? (Besides the fact that we could talk "whenever" we wanted?) You know, when you could say "Just a minute, I'm talking to Aunt Dawn" and everyone went along with it!
You and Sam are doing a fabulous job - you amaze me!
Can't wait to see your waterpark pictures.
Kiddos and I will be back in Texas late Thursday night. I'll call you on Friday if I can find my way out from under suitcases, dirty clothes and souviners! Ha!
Steph,
You are BLESSED! What a beautiful family!
You could give me some homeschool tips I'm sure! :)
Michele
Post a Comment