Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday! Yea, Dad! He is one year shy of the big 7-0. And I tell ya, he doesn't seem like he is THAT OLD (just kidding, Dad...). I mean that as a compliment. They say you are as young as you feel. Well, that sure is true with Dad. He is right out there with the kids, whirling them...I mean pushing them gently... in the hammock and playing with them outside. He goes to soccer games, softball games, and now volleyball games to support and cheer for his grandkids.

He has always been such a handsome guy:
Seven years old and already has that little gleam in his eye...


A real looker in his uniform...no wonder my mom fell head-over-heels!




Now let me tell you about the man my Dad is...

  • He is a devoted husband to his wife of 45 years. They are still crazy about each other. Sometimes they just drive each other crazy. Kidding. They always get along. They are just like that. Mom is so sweet and Dad is so fun. Great combo!

  • He is an example to his children. That's where we learned to drive fast, eat fast, do tasks the shortest way possible, and laugh often. All kidding aside, well...we really did learn those things from him. And we also learned to be outgoing, kind, helpful, giving, and that good food is important in life. Isn't that what makes life worth living?

  • He has a grandkid fanclub. I know I already touched on that, but he deserves lots of kudos for being such a great grandpa. Those kids know they are loved---especially when he's teasing them! And he gets that honestly...I have fond memories of his dad doing the same to me and my brother...
So, on this special day, I wanted to salute you, Dad. Have a wonderful day and know that even though we aren't with you today, you are on our minds and in our prayers. Hoping this day is all that you deserve it to be! Love you lots!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Steph, what a really nice tribute to dad!

Hi, Dad... it's daughter #2! I hope you are having a wonderful, blessed birthday today - celebrating in a way that brings you joy!

Love you both!
Dawn

PS - When are you and Mom going to come to Texas?!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Awhh...Happy B~day also!

Step you look allot like your pretty mom!

Valarie Lea said...

That was so sweet!! He looks like a fun guy!

Happy Birthday Steph's Dad!!

Anonymous said...

Awww....how nice! Happy Birthday to Mr B!!!!

M :o)

Genijer said...

Here's a b-day wish for your dad...whatever his heart desires.

Wow...you look exactly like your mom! It's like looking at her when she was you at that age. Very beautiful, both of you.