Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday--Safety in the Storm





Just a short post today to share how thankful I am that God protects us in the midst of storms in life. Some are real shows of nature, some are just circumstances in our life. In both cases, we can turn to Him and pray protection over ourselves and our loved ones.

Aren't you glad you know Him? If you don't know God in a real way, just turn to Him and ask for protection in the midst of your storm. He will never let you down.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Hey, all...check out the rest of the tornado pics on the slideshow. This "water spout" came straight to the beach outside our condo and thru the courtyard onto land. The funnel lifted up before it reached shore and then touched down again west of our location.

We are very thankful that it did not cause any damage or any real concern. What a show we watched, though!

Blessings!

Dawn said...

I saw on our noon news today that you all were having some rough weather - they showed so many little "dots" on the weather map representing tornados in NC. I did pray for your safety at that time and wondered if the weather was bad in your area. Larry has seen some amazing water spouts in the Gulf. They can actually do a lot of damage.

Glad you all are okay. We head for our favorite spot early Saturday morning. Hopefully, Gustav will stay east and not affect our plans.

Love you!
YBFA&F

Dawn said...

PS - Umm... what slide show?

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I my I bet that was sureal!

What a great testimony of faith!!! Thank you for sharing this as I do belive it %100 and then some!