Friday, September 26, 2008

The Warm Fuzzy Feelings of....FALL!




I have a confession to make. No, it's not like Dawn's confession that she is prejudiced.

This is more of a peek-inside-my-head confession. And some of you may strongly disagree with my opinions. But this is just me "bein' real", as PW would say...

Fall is my all-time favorite time of year. Even over Christmas. Can you believe it? I feel all warm and fuzzy the whole season through. Even on raining, foggy days. Especially on breezy, sunny days. Unless we get some fluke snow. Not then. But all the other days, no matter the weather.

The last few days here have been in the 60's and breezy. Just yesterday it started to drizzle. It just makes me want to light my Mulled Cider candle (I purchased from Mal-Mart) and curl up with a cup of hot, spiced cider on my sofa with a good book (have you read any of Joel Rosenburg's books? If you like Tom Clancy and Christian fiction about prophecy, you'll love them!)

It also makes me want to make yummy comfort food. Like chili--ooo that just warms my soul on a fall evening. Or another of my favorite seasonal comfort foods: Pumpkin Dip served with tart apple slices and ginger snaps. We had some friends over the other night and it is just one of those crowd-pleasers. Children and adults alike. Here's how you make it:

The ingredients are:

2 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. softened cream cheese (can substitute 1/3 less fat, but not fat-free)
15 oz. can pureed pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Cream (beat) powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.

Blend in pumpkin puree and spices.


Serve with sliced tart apples and/or ginger snaps. (Or whatever else you have on hand, such as graham crackers, animal crackers, pretzels, cardboard, ...you get the point: this dip is good on anything!)

Enjoy a little taste of Fall...TTFN!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I FORGOT about that pumpkin dip - and I love it.

Dawn said...

Mulled Cider candles ROCK... and I learned that from YOU! And, yes - when I was on my fall kick last week I bought one for myself. Did you know that they have little "mini" jar candles in that scent for $1??? I bought 27,983 of them (not really, I bought 5) and have been passing them out to neighbors and friends. I'm going back for more!

And the dip...

I was looking for that recipe today and thought I was gonna have to call or email you for it. What do you know... the recipe with pictures shows up here. How lucky is that?!

From Burrito: A woman after my own heart! A Tigger quote!!!

Did you make the banana cake? Did you like it?

The Queen Mum had surgery on her foot today. It went well. They put two pins in but those will be removed in three weeks. Sounds like fun, huh? She's one tough cookie, though.

Talk to you soon, I'm sure!

Love you!
YBFA&F

Nadine said...

I love cream cheese and I love pumpkin - but those together and you can't go wrong. This sounds yummy.

Unknown said...

oh. yum. I'm lovin' it. THANK YOU!

Unknown said...

um. I'm in your sidebar. That always scares me when I see myself in someone's sidebar. Here I think I am quietly journaling in my little corner of the world, and then I find myself popping up somewhere I've never been, GULP. =D (only half joking about the scaring me part. It scares me and gives me warm fuzzies all at once). (((Sam)))