Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!





Hip Hip Hooray for the Big Queen!


Let me explain...

When I was little, my mom would say to me, "Oh, you're my little princess." And I would reply, "Oh, you're my big queen."

So it's our little inside joke, but with lots of mushy, gushy sentiment.

You see, my mom and I are best friends. She shares her love, her wisdom, and her insight with me--and I have needed that so much in the last 20 years since I moved out of her house permanently.

She grew up in an era of innocence--WWII was over, the U.S. was thriving, and life was grand. A group of them would pitch in a quarter for gas for a friend to drive them to school or around town. Now a quarter would buy you a few fumes...

I love to hear the stories of her friends, her beaus (especially the ones about my dad), and her parents. She was raised with discipline and love, and it shows in the way she treats others and lives her life.

But I have to say that, above all, her life is about her relationship with God. She strives to know Him more each day. To live His perfect will. To show others His love.

She is like a lighthouse because she shines forth God's light through her kindness and her smile. You may be the cashier at the grocery store or her hurting friend she just delivered a meal to. "Jesus with skin" I once heard someone say. That is what my mom is.

She showers love on her kids and grandkids--we all know how much we are loved!


So today I want to tell you, Mom, that I am so proud to have you as my momma. God knew that you were the perfect one for me. And I am so glad He gave me to you.


Happy, happy birthday--May you feel so blessed today! Love you lots...


5 comments:

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. What a lovely tribute to her.

Dawn said...

Happy birthday to my other Queen Mum from your daughter #2, also a Princess!

Wishing you unending love, abounding joy, and all of God's blessings!

Love,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday Mrs. B!!! :o)

-Michele

Beachy Mimi said...

So sweet about your mom!

j said...

That is an amazing tribute to your mother.

And you are SO blessed to have her genes. She is so beautiful and young looking! Lucky Princess!