Thursday, November 20, 2008

Match Dot HELP!


I know...this is an unusual title for a post. Some of you are thinking, "WHAT?"

I have a wonderful friend. Who shall remain nameless to protect her from any connection to my blog that rambles sometimes...

She emailed me today because she shares with me entertaining tidbits that she discovers on one of those online profile matching sites. They are a wonderful avenue for some people to meet another who has the same beliefs, hobbies, and ideas about companionship. I have known quite a few people who met their spouse that way, and are living blissfully giddy love lives because of it. I know "they" (who are they, anyway) say that there is someone for everyone. But you sure are exposed to some interesting characters on those sites...

Here are some usernames that guys gave themselves on one particular site: (And this is only the tip of the iceberg)

MrUhoh--Sounds like a two-year old's name
Grumpy Middle-aged man (a headline)--Makes you really want to meet that one...
possumtrot69--Oh man, there's a keeper!
aloneinvalley -- My question is why?
weatheringlife--How optimistic...
flrtinboy -- headline reads -- flrtinboy needs someone--Just what every woman wants!
1desparado--You'd have to be awfully desperado...
beached -- Do you think he's overweight?
flycessna4fun (and that is all he talked about and even said that was the number one love of his life)
1true2you -- I bet
searching4u987 -- Very original -- only 986 other guys picked that one
lazy6 (can you believe that there are only 6 lazy guys?)

energeefield - I guess he's a spaceman. Makes one want to make a new profile and name herself beammeupscotty

MrRightsaLefty--Huh?
Michael_Adam --Gee, I wonder what his name is?
Retreat -- a 52 year old man said in his profile that the Simpson's was his favorite TV show. Glad it wasn't his favorite movie too! (I think we should all retreat from contact with him)


Here is another guy's headline:
I am what I am. I don't and won't change to suit anyone. I am me. --Sounds accommodating doesn't he?

This entertaining and creative guy wrote:

(headline) Bla Bla Bla

(the profile) Bla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla BlaBla Bla BlaBla Bla BlaBla Bla BlaBla Bla BlaBla BlaBlaBla Bla Bla (think he filled up the whole 2000 character limit that way)


And then there are these guys:

Ridelikethewind whose headline is Got bugs in your teeth? -- Guess he rides a motorcycle...such a pleasant word picture!

And the ones who say....

"Really not shure where to start. I like to experance new thing." -- Maybe he should start by reviewing his spelling and grammar lessons.

See if you can figure out why this guy's username is CW1862:

"THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO LOOK AT MY PROFILE. IT WOULD BE REALLY HARD TO FULLY DESCRIBE MYSELF ON HERE. I AM JUST A SIMPLE STRAIGHT FORWARD DOWN TO EARTH GUY. I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE A SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN. I AM HONEST KRESPECTFUL KIND AND INTELLAGENT WITH A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. I AM LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE TO BE A CLOSE FRIEND AND MAYBE MORE.I AM A STUGENT ANG COLLECTOR OF CIVIL WAR AND SHENANDOAH VALLEY HISTORY. I LOVE TO GO ANTIQUE HUNTING.IF YOU THINK WE MIGHT SPARK TOGETHER DONT BE SHY CONTACT ME AND LETS FIND OUT!!!"

"My religion: I go to church on holidays and my son and I prey every night..."

So, my dear friend, Penelope (name changed to protect that innocent one)...I know God will lead you to that needle in the haystack, so to speak. He's out there!

All I know is, I am glad to be married to the most wonderful, thoughtful, caring, loving, dinner-cooking, dish-washing, painting, sharpest dressed man on this planet. And to think I was once approached as a single mom by a man in the community and this was his catchy one-liner:

I'm available! Are you available?

Boy, am I glad those days are over and I've moved on to BLISS...

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, my... I'm thinking Penelope might stand a better chance in the produce section of the grocery store. Isn't that where "they" (yes, them again!) say all the desperate (I mean "available")guys go to meet the ladies???

Don't ya just feel sorry for the single girls out there? I mean, after all... we got the two best men out there. And, no... I'm not going to argue with you about which one of the two is the best. 'Cause, you know I like Sam and all... but... Ha ha!

Love you,
YBFA&F

Anonymous said...

Poor Penelope! But more power to her if she's willing to read through all of these.....like you said, "I know God will lead you to that needle in the haystack, so to speak. He's out there!"
.....Heck! At least it's good for a few healthy laughs.

Personally (I'm single by the way), I'll stick it out like a very good friend of mine did, and wait for my destined meeting with a spilled glass of COLD iced tea!! I know he's out there!
.....in God' Timing!
HUGS! Angela

Nadine said...

Oh my...are those jokes? Who would go for these guys?

I'm with you and I'm grateful I have someone in my life who loves me.

j said...

This was funny and it was sweet too. Everything that I see out there, from the clothes, to the behavior, etc makes me SO thankful for my husband!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

LOL!!!

It's been awhile for me as well and looking back there's no way I'd ever "hook-up" this way!

funny post!