Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tag...I'm it!

Dawn at P.S. He loves you... tagged me this morning. She has an awesome blog that I love to check out daily. And imagine my surprise when I checked for comments this morning and found out that she had "tagged" me for a bloggy exercise...I feel so honored! I mean, I am a blog baby and I'm not sure if I'm old enough to participate (blog age-wise). Ok, enough excuses...here goes.
These are the rules I was given:

  • Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people linked at the end of your post.
  • Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here goes nothing!

#1 --- I am a planner. To the point of ridiculous. I plan for today while I plan for next week and next year. It can be very stressful at times, because I keep most of my planning in my head. This planning also includes worrying how it will all work out. My husband is very patient with my planning. He usually says something like, "Don't worry, honey, it will all work out." or "Cut it out, missy...you're driving me crazy!" or something sweet and non-judgmental like that. He's wonderful that way. And, I have to admit to myself many times, I'm driving ME crazy, TOO!

#2 --- I hate being emotional. I'm not talking about happy-emotional or angry-emotional. I'm talking about hormonal crying-for-no-reason-emotional. It really gets me angry-emotional. I don't like talking to a friend or my husband and getting all weepy. Not sure why it bothers me so much. Maybe I have control issues? Well, if nothing else, I wish I could control that. Not that I have any hope that I will. Just sharing...

#3 --- I love shoes. And purses. I have enough that I have alot, but not enough to be classified as a hoarder. I very rarely spend alot on either. It's those darn sales and clearances that get me. I mean, they are practically paying me to take them off their hands. And they match my outfits. Enough said.

#4 --- I'm insanely crazy about my husband. He makes me swoon by just looking at me. He has those green/hazel eyes that change with his mood. I can look into his eyes and see what he is thinking. Most of the time. Sometimes I can't read him at all. That Y chromosome thing and all. Sigh. And why did I put this as #4? Because you would have thought I was a little too mushy if I put it as #1. And I'm not mushy. Unless it comes to Sam. Then I am a big huge pile of mush. Ok, I'm done.

#5 --- I am back to exercising. It's one of those things that, when I'm doing it, I wonder why I ever stopped. But when I'm not doing it, I can't imagine getting started again. Too much effort, I think. Anyhow, I'm glad to be getting back into shape. I knew I had a few pounds to shed, but the exercise thing is hard to jump back into mentally. You know, taking the time to actually walk. Or work out. Or something. It takes a big chunk of my morning (I'm not willing to get up any earlier to do this exercise thing, you know!), but it has given me time to think, and pray, and has provided exercise for my sweet Boomer as well. He is looking very svelte, by the way. The point is---I feel better and have slimmed down some. And I will vow, like I have done a quadrillion times before, I will keep exercising! You are my witnesses...

#6 --- My weakness is chocolate. Now I know that is nothing unusual for the female species. But my downfall is good, really good, dark chocolate. Dove is the best you can buy for regular usage. Godiva is the luxury I give myself about once a year. My absolute favorite Godiva, in case any of you just want to bless me and send me a case of it, is Godiva's dark chocolate raspberry cordial. It is a rich, dark chocolate shell embracing--I mean encasing-- a tart red raspberry puree that is the perfect marriage of tart and bittersweet you will ever want to imagine. Ok, I'm drooling...time to move on.

#7 --- My friends are so very important to me. I love God, my husband, and my family. But life would be incomplete without my dearest friends. They share my joy, my hurt, my excitement, my disappointments. And I share theirs. It's what keeps us women from going insane. Friends. They are such a special part of life. New friends are good, but old friends (don't get all offended--I mean friends that have been there for a long time) have stood the test of time and have shown what true friendship means.

So, do you know me a little better now? I sure hope so. I'll bet some of my friends will be surprised at some of the things I wrote. I am actually a bit surprised myself. For example, my kids aren't on the list. But that is a given. I am so blessed to have 6 wonderful kids. And they know I feel that way. Sometimes we get caught up in being a mom and lose sight of the person underneath. I wanted to share who I am beneath my "Mom" hat, and my "Wife" hat, and my "Child of the King" hat. So here I am in all my glory. A glimpse of the real me.

Now I am supposed to tag 7 bloggers to do the same. The problem is, I don't know 7 bloggers that haven't been named on P.S. He loves you...'s post. Or that Dawn will be tagging. (Hope I didn't take one you picked, Dawn!) So I will tag as many as I can:

You're it!


Dust Bunny Hostage

Just Being Me

Life in the Mud Lane


Everyday Mommy
Let me know if you want to participate so I can visit, K?

I know that's not seven. It's the best I can do for now...you know, since I'm new and all. Have patience...I'm getting there!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okie dokie! I'll play :)

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Humbeled and very pleased with your sweet post! I didn't think about you not "knowing 7 others" I just wanted to know more about you in a nutshell!you lived up to the challenge!

Anonymous said...

I can do that - thanks for the tag

Dawn said...

#1 - Knew that! Probably one of the reasons we work so well. Boy, oh, boy can we make plans! Ha!

#2 - I guess I kinda knew that, but wouldn't have listed it for you. Probably because neither one of us is afraid to "hold back" with the other one.

#3 - Knew it! One of the very few areas we aren't alike. Not that I don't "like" shoes and purses - it's just that other sale items speak louder to me. You know, kitchen gadgets. Hehe!

#4 - Yep, I certainly know this one. And, you have no idea how thankful I am for this... and for Sam!!! Does a BF's heart good.

#5 - Can we skip this one? (I'm feeling slightly convicted here...)

#6 - Amen and amen! Enough said.

#7 - Again, amen. And I love you!

YBFA&F

j said...

I would love to see all of the shoes and handbags in your closet!! Professed shoe and purse ladies usually have a BUNCH!!

Thanks for the tag. I'll try to get it soon. I appreciate you for thinking of me!

Be blessed.

Jen

Nadine said...

It was very nice to get know you better. I love chocolate too and I'm really insanely in love with my husband also.

I'm in the middle of a big project at home but will do this tag next week when it settles down.