Right now our church group is doing a study.
Not like our usual "studies" where we turn to a verse in the Bible and learn about a culture, a time in history, and how God worked in lives in the Old and New Testament.
We are having great group discussions based on Bill Hybels' study called "Just Walk Across the Room" It 's one of those studies that you pretty much already know the key points, but then it gets put in such a way that makes an impact on your heart. It brings revelation. It stirs up compassion. It's so simple.
Just.walk.across.the.room.
How hard is that?
Don't stay in your comfort zone with your group of church friends at your son's baseball game, walk over to another parent you don't know and introduce yourself.
Don't share your 30 minute testimony and make them run screaming! Share your one minute testimony and let them come back for more.
Don't badger and pester them to read the Bible or come to church. Help them clean up after the meeting or pick up soccer balls with them after practice.
Don't act like you've got the answer and they're crazy for not seeing it. Just love them and be their friend. Let them see the Answer as He shines through your actions.
Food for thought. Be blessed today.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Stef, I really like this message, I think it speaks volumes!
I'm going to attempt to practice this skill in my life.
Wise words. Our actions always speak louder than I words. Thank you for the reminder.
That sounds like a cool study. I need that reminder sometimes. And being down here where I know so few people? I need to look at this as an opportunity.
Great post!!
So true. It's living out Christ in us!
Thanks for stopping by!
God bless your week.
Post a Comment