Saturday, January 10, 2009

Out With the Old...

Crocs as worn by Mario Batali (Larry Busacca/WireImage.com)

This was the headline on Yahoo! News tonight...thought I'd share. After all, I did predict it here. And I thought it would take more than just a year or two...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Style trends better forgotten

In the New Year, here's hoping we won't see grown adults in Crocs. » Fashion do's and don'ts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, Dawn, I know you are highly offended by this post. I know you luuuuuvvvvv your Crocs. So does my friend T. I just never caught that fashion wave. Not that there is anything wrong with those who did. I know they are comfortable, or so I've been told.

So what other fashion trends that are "in" now do you think will be out soon?

Here's some wishful thinking: HOLLISTER!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I followed the link to your previous post...boy am I glad I did. Those photos look familiar.

I'm sorry too, but I'm with you as far as the crocs go...sorry to everyone who loves them.

j said...

I have NEVER worn crocs. Why would I want to make my already large foot look like Huge duck feet? My kids wore them for one summer a couple of years ago. We are flip flop people, although my MIL bought my son two cheap pairs of crocs for Christmas. I figure they will be good to wear to the beach.

I don't think I will EVER wear them.

Dawn said...

Well, you'll just have to overlook my Crocs... I do love them. (And just bought a new pair before the holidays!) Keep in mind, I mostly wear them around the house or for working in the yard.

Trend I'd most like to see disappear? That would have to be the low, low rise pants. I am so sick of seeing the young teenaged female "plumbers in training" all over the place. And, they aren't complimentary even on skinny girls as the waiste bands hit right at the widest spot of the hips.

Indulge me with two, okay? The other is camisoles worn as shirts. Ummm... NO. It's an undergarment, not clothing.

Couldn't get out of Ohio on Monday as planned due to weather. Finally made it yesterday afternoon (Tuesday). Today is "recovery" day. I left with Christmas decor still in place so I've still got that haning over my head. I know I've blogged about leaving my decorations up longer than most people, but this is late even for me!

Talk to you soon, k? Thanks for your notes and prayers.

Love you!
YBFA&F!