Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Doggone Fun

We have two dogs in our household that make us smile...most of the time.



Boomer is a pure-bred Black Lab, and is a very lovable shadow-dog. He absolutely adores us, and follows us around all day to prove it. After all, that's what Labs want to show their master or mistress. How loyal they are. If you look at them while they follow you around, they just light up. OH BOY! OH BOY! She's looking at me! I'm such a good boy! Maybe she'll pet me...OH BOY! She pet me! I'm such a happy dog!




Cody is a Lab mix, and is our pup that will never grow up. He is also very loyal and adores the family. We haven't figured out if he is very smart, or one kibble shy of a full bowl. He still chews random items left on the floor by the kids. It may be a toy car, a McDonald's Happy Meal toy (thank you, Cody), or our cable remote (Sam actually asked me if we should try and put it back together. I mean, Sam can fix anything, but not if the number keys are scattered across the floor...).




And these two, even though they are one year apart in age, are like brothers from the same litter. They want to do everything together. Here they are wrestling and Sam got caught in the middle. Just kidding. He started it. He's such an instigator. A lovable instigator, but an instigator nonetheless.


They are the best kid-friendly dogs to have. This is Sam's youngest providing a nice pillow spot for Cody's head. You just can't imagine life with kids without dogs. And you know how they say that a dog and his owner start to look alike? That sure is true in our house:

This is my middle child lovin' on his doggers...Can't you just feel the love?




Not to be outdone by my little guy...you can see the resemblance, can't you?



There is just nothing like the love of a dog. It goes unspoken, and it is unchangeable. They just love you. With all their heart. No matter what. I guess that's why they earned the title, "Man's Best Friend". And they deserve it.

Right, Cody?

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Ummm... I'm beginning to worry a little. Aren't the kids too young to already start looking like the dogs?

And as far as needing a dog in the house? I'll have to disagree on that one. We're strictly a cat family, as you know! Ha!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend celebrating and beaching it. Praying for lots of happy memories and lots of sunshine!

Can't wait to catch up with you next week!

Love you! YBFA&F

PS - Good thing you got your power back so you could get this posted, huh? Ha ha!

Genijer said...

He cutest easter bunny I ever saw. I loved the photo of the puppy hugging you kids.

Dawn sent me over to visit. Hi.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the picture of the dog in the bunny ears. Since I have pics of mine in sunglasses! Cute kids, cute dogs.

Nadine said...

The dogs are beautiful. I had a yellow lab that died. I still miss her. Labs are wonderful and fun loving.

Dawn said...

Please, please, please...

Pictures of your weekend!!!

'Cause I'm one to talk - more than a week later and still no vacation pictures posted. Ha!

Talk soon? I miss you!!!

Love you!
YBFA&F

Anonymous said...

I am officially hooked on your Blog now! I am checking it almost daily now during my lunch break. I love the things that your write and how you write, I always chuckle out loud. You have a Gift! and I feel blessed to know you and call you my friend.
Love, Angela

p.s. can't wait to see what you post next!! I'm waiting......