PRAISING, THANKING, TRUSTING IN...GOD!
A dear friend reminded me today of the reason I have been created. To thank and praise my Creator. That's it! And in living this way, I will reflect Jesus to everyone. That they may know Him. And, in turn, thank and praise Him. That's it!
Another dear friend reminded me in Small Group last night that we should focus on prayer in our daily lives. This is so key to our relationship with God. And this solves so many of our problems because, if we spend time with Him every day, He will give us so much discernment as we go throughout that day. I'm thinking that would save me a whole lot of trouble...
Think about it: I wouldn't have to worry--I gave it over to God, right? Then that's where the praising and thanking come in. It's done. Now I can just thank Him for working behind the scenes for me. That has happened time and time again in my life. God has worked when it didn't look like He was doing anything. Those are the times we cry out, "Why aren't you doing something, God?!"
That's where trust comes in. Resting in Him. Knowing He has plans for us:
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." (Amp. version)Praying about everything. Everything. God wants to hear our every cry, even when it's a whine or a whimper. Or a thought.
Some may consider this a Random Thought. I consider it a Revelation. To me.
So I shared.
See Dawn's post for today. It goes right along with what God laid on my heart this morning. We joke that even though we are separated by more than 1200 miles, we seem to think of the same thing at the same time. Like calling and finding out the other was just picking up the phone to call. This is the same, just on a spiritual connection. It makes me even more thankful that we share a friendship...because we share our God.


1 comment:
I've been focusing on developing my prayer life recently, too. "Funny" that we should be at the same place at the same time, isn't it?
As I type this I'm listening to the giggles of my two kids, Brownie and Mom. Blessed I am!
Love you!
YBFA&F
Post a Comment